Sexy cooks: De Laurentiis, Cora, DiSpirito, Nigella, Lakshmi
These TV chefs look
as good as they cook
Thanks to the Food Network and other cable outlets, chefs have attained pop star-like celebrity. This new generation of top chefs is a comelier bunch, too:
• Giada De Laurentiis descends from movie royalty – her grandfather is producer Dino De Laurentiis and her grandmother was an Italian film star – but her heart has always belonged to home and hearth.
• Cat Cora made TV history on Food Network's Iron Chef America as the first and only female Iron Chef.
• Rocco DiSpirito, the dashing chef and cookbook author, became even more famous for his Dancing With the Stars appearance.
• Nigella Lawson was an early entrant in the sexy cook contest. She was labeled the "queen of food porn" for her flirtatious way around the kitchen.
• Padma Lakshmi might not technically be a chef, but she's written a cookbook, hosts Top Chef, and because she's a former model, she makes the list.